Debts app is your companion debt tracking app in your road to financial freedom. Track your debts, use the payment schedule as reminder, and plan your payoff with the build-in payment estimator.
Progress indicator for easy tracking and extra motivation
Debts are listed according to the order of payoff plan. Estimated payoff date are calculated based on your selected payoff plan.
Accurate debt position with payment & spending transactions
Capture both payment and spending transactions for each debt to reflect accurate position. Payment transactions are transactions that reduce the debt. Spending transactions are transactions that increase the debt.
Quick monitor of all payment schedule
View all payment schedule at a glance. Payments are grouped by 'overdue', 'current month', 'next month' and 'later' sections based on payment due date.
Receive timely notification for payment due date
Setup due date reminder from the app settings to receive notification before payment due date.
Snowball for fast track debt payoff
Select the payoff plan which is the desired payoff order of your debts. View details of each payoff plan for your debt payment planning. Turn on and off the snowball method to see how it affects the interest payment and payoff date.
Export or print
Debts and transaction reports comes with PDF, CSV and AirPrint support. Print reports directly to AirPrint compatible printer. Export reports in PDF or CSV format to email them or open in third party apps such as Numbers and Dropbox.
Turn on passcode to prevent unauthorised access
Turn on passcode from the app settings to lock the access to the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I edit debt detail or to remove a debt?
To edit the debt detail, on the main Debts table, tap on the blue color disclosure button at the right end of a debt. This will bring out the "Edit Debt" screen for editing or to remove a debt.
- Why can't I edit the planned payment?
- Planned payment is not editable when Snowball method is turned on. The planned payment amount of each debt is automatically set when you turn on the Snowball method and is used to calculate interest payment and payoff date.
- What is payoff plan?
- Payoff plan is the payoff order of your debts. For example "Lowest Interest" payoff plan means the debts are ordered by the interest rate from lowest to highest. The debt with the lowest interest rate will be the first debt targeted to pay off under this plan.
- What is the use of the payoff order?
- Payoff order is used when you turned on the Snowball method. Under Snowball method, you pay the minimum payment amount for each debt except for the first debt in your payoff order. The Extra Payment amount together with minimum payment amount will be paid to the first debt. When a debt is paid off, its minimum payment amount will add to the Extra Payment amount. This snowballed amount is then apply to the payment of the next debt in the payoff order.
- What is Extra Payment?
- Extra Payment amount is used in the Snowball method. When Snowball is turned on, Debts app will add this amount and the minimum payment amount to the planned payment amount for the first debt under the payoff order. The planned payment amount is used to calculate the estimated interest payment and payoff date.
- Why the 'Save' button is not enabled when I'm editing debt detail such as interest rate?
- The 'Save' button is not enabled while in editing mode. After entering a value to a field, tap the 'Done' button on the keypad or an area outside of the field to exit edit mode. The 'Save' button is also not enabled when all the required fields are not entered.
- Can I use currency other than the dollar?
- Debts app uses the region format of your iOS devices for the currency. The setting is under the Settings app > General > International > Region Format.
- I've forgotten about the passcode. Is there a way I can unlock it?
- The passcode is stored securely on the device and it's not possible to unlock it. If you've forgotten about the passcode, delete Debts app and install it back. Deleting Debts app however will remove all data in the app.
- Does Debts app support iCloud or other cloud services for syncing app data across multiple iOS devices?
- Debts app currently does not support iCloud or other cloud services. There is no data sync feature.
- Is there a way I can transfer my debts data in iPhone over to iPad so that I don't have to retype again?
- There is no import and export features in Debts app.
- Is there a free version of Debts app?
There is no free or lite version of Debts app.